Cruiser Command
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Construction and upgrades

5 posters

Go down

Construction and upgrades Empty Construction and upgrades

Post  Siretu Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:56 am

The new patch with boarding and hacking will bring a lot of new items. This means the construction console will get rather full.

What we've been discussing is to split the upgrades and items into two different consoles. We've also though about making the upgrades have a construction time so they're not instant. What are your thoughts on this?
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

http://starcrafteditorial.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Construction and upgrades Empty Re: Construction and upgrades

Post  Targaryen Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Hi!!
- about the spliting consoles It's a great idea!!! with this, the team will be able to make more stuff at the same time; and people who uses to be engineers will feel more usefull, because they will be able to do something more apart from loading missiles/ refine/ manage energy. I always hate that the upgrading/building stuff can only be made by one person at a time.

About the building time for the items i see it pretty correct, a small time between 5-15 seconds per item, will make the game much more strategic, because it will require to have made the missiles, before you attack. Also it's rather logic that a missile get's time until it's builded.

Targaryen
Targaryen

Back to top Go down

Post  Chevronn Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:24 pm

Both ideas are great. The engineering console is sometimes very crowded and splitting it would take much pressure of it. Especially when the crew members will often need get certain items very fast.

I think that items excluding rockets should be made very quickly and upgrades a tone longer; about 2-3 secs. About 30 secs for an upgrade. And 5-10 secs for a rocket. ;D

Chevronn

Back to top Go down

Post  Targaryen Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:08 am

Hi, i see that times really well; also, the upgrades and stuff should be able to put on queue, like units in the game.
Targaryen
Targaryen

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyAtlantis Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:30 am

30 secs for an upgrade seems long to me. Well i don't know how many upgrades there are, but if they are as much as WC3's upgrades(i think a total of 70+- then that would take 70/2=35 minutes). But that 30 sec per upgrade migh be good if you have random neutral stations with some tech upgrades(maybe for free, maybe you need to repair a door/hallway/docking bay in ordere to get it) that wouldn't require any time(except the whole board/repair thing).

DestinyAtlantis

Back to top Go down

Post  Targaryen Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:01 pm

DestinyAtlantis wrote:30 secs for an upgrade seems long to me. Well i don't know how many upgrades there are, but if they are as much as WC3's upgrades(i think a total of 70+- then that would take 70/2=35 minutes). But that 30 sec per upgrade migh be good if you have random neutral stations with some tech upgrades(maybe for free, maybe you need to repair a door/hallway/docking bay in ordere to get it) that wouldn't require any time(except the whole board/repair thing).

thinking it well maybe 30 seconds it's a lot, but there can be some posibilities to solve this:
- vessel upgrades and cruiser upgrades can be done at the same time, so there's 2 queue stacks.
- just reduce the time to 15-20 seconds per upgrade.
- Add neutral space stations with frees upgrade points or something like that.
- (this is in progress) to have an engineer class, that reduces the time 5 seconds more.
- spend extra minerals in the upgrades to make them faster.

what do you think?
Targaryen
Targaryen

Back to top Go down

Post  Chevronn Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:51 am

I think that making two queues for cruiser upgrades and small ship upgrades would be quite cool but the best thing to do is just balancing the upgrade time and that can be make only by Siretu. ;D

I don't like the idea with engineer class. One time you make a engineer class and the next we are left with MMORPG. ;D

Chevronn

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazard Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:55 am

Upgrades taking 15 seconds seems like the maximum amount of time. Otherwise upgrades would take too long. I mean for example getting small ship hull/thrusters up to max would take a long time. Since upgrades stack. As for the Console splitting idea. I think one console should have Upgrades (Small ship hull, Hull repair, refining upgrade etc etc) While the other console had items (Missiles, repair kits, yamato cannon etc etc) Thoughts?

Hazard

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyAtlantis Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:15 am

There are already 2 separate consoles., As far as i've heard. Maybe in the next patch.

DestinyAtlantis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down