Cruiser Command
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fleeing Combat

4 posters

Go down

Fleeing Combat Empty Fleeing Combat

Post  Corinthian Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:05 pm

An offensive BC on approach can have >400gw in engines & 10k shields. There are few ways for the defending BC to anticipate or escape this. With a proper Nav, Wep and Pwr, the game is over in SECONDS.

Options to mitigate this are, should your BC lose all Shields, and be below 5k health:
1) Nav has instant acceleration. The G forces of this could damage the BC.
2) Emergency Boost replaces Engine Boost, and now lasts for 20 seconds instead of 10.
Corinthian
Corinthian

Back to top Go down

Fleeing Combat Empty Re: Fleeing Combat

Post  Red-Rocket Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:51 pm

Basicly an upgrade? that will remove boost until health is above 5K and sheilds are online? if so its a good idea but must be an upgrade first. My proposal is 100 yellow 150 blue because usally when a BC attacks and you are unable to rely on defense (fight them back with your own weps) is because there is a shortage of red which constitutes all the weopens to fight.
Red-Rocket
Red-Rocket

Back to top Go down

Post  Tempest Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:13 pm

shortages of reds can suck etc but a properly organised mining team can make it happen, to counter a rush it does require a good person on nav to know hey i am low on reds and im worried about a rush, drift away from the enemy bc create a cushion raise shields a bit more. the disadvantage to rushing is the energy used to travel that distance quickly consuming energy both on that, engine and shield boosts. it always boils down to the victim of the rush seeing it coming before its in progress, firing up shields and reacting properly. i dont see a need for a huge change for rush defense, the change i see needed is proper team coordination to prevent it from being lethal. the emergency boost idea is clever but outside of preventing a rush it will just make the game last 30 mins longer each simply because you can boost two times the distance of the enemy whenever your below 5k health, and further more players could simply leave the hull at less than 5k hull to have extreme mobility and advantages in a counter rush. the more logical solution to this would be an increased price of broadsides or an anti rush time effect for the first 10 mins of the game of some sort. maybe a timer on how soon you can research broadsides.
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Red-Rocket Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:51 pm

Maby we can add a missile that will short out the boost ability for 5-10 seconds
Red-Rocket
Red-Rocket

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinthian Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:14 pm

Perhaps changes do not need to be made. A well organized team rarely falls prey to a rush, and both of my suggestions complicate the issue.

For clarification. For Emergency Boost, Engine Boost would first have to be researched. Then if the condition Shields <100, Hull <5k, Engine Boost automatically becomes Emergency Boost for as long as those conditions are still true. When Shields are >100, or Hull >5k, then Emergency Boost would revert back to Engine Boost.

A BC EMP missile would be more effective offensively than defensively.
Corinthian
Corinthian

Back to top Go down

Post  Tempest Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:47 pm

Red-Rocket wrote:Maby we can add a missile that will short out the boost ability for 5-10 seconds

tractor beam does this if you have enough energy to engines and a good nav pilot
but yeah corinth that would work but again i dont want games to last an hour or 2 each time, the only way to die in that situation would be if they didnt have enough energy to emergency boost out. maybe a 1 time bail out boost that cannot be used twice would be more what we are looking for
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Tempest Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:54 pm

make tractor beam cheaper and give it a polarity adjustment to either push or pull ships and give it longer range?
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Siretu Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:47 pm

Tempest wrote:make tractor beam cheaper and give it a polarity adjustment to either push or pull ships and give it longer range?

What do you mean with "polarity adjustment"? Currently, you can choose between pulling and pushing the ships you lock onto.
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

http://starcrafteditorial.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tempest Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:35 am

ive only used the beam once i didnt notice the push option that is what i was speaking of, if its going to be used for escapes increasing the range of the beam would be needed. most players never use it due to its short range and cost, and they are right early rushes are very difficult to survive. just trying to think of ways to use things already in the game to make it a little more likely to survive for the chance to counter when a person rushes broadsides puts 300GW to engines drives over and blasts you. as is tractor beam just needs a little buff imo, it can mess up a wraith but against a cruiser it needs to do more.
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Siretu Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:28 am

What if the Inertial Nullifier Field gave instant acceleration when used? That would make it easier to escape, I guess. Would it be enough though?
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinthian Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:29 am

Good Idea, I think the combination of the following would solve the issue:

• The Corvette Shield reflecting incoming laser fire, providing better scouting capability

• A reduction in the Broadsides efficiency, rate of fire, or range

• The Inertial Nullifier Field providing instant Acceleration

• The Infiltrator Ship providing better scouting and boarding

The more I have thought about it, the more I realize my Emergency Boost idea would break parts of the game.
Corinthian
Corinthian

Back to top Go down

Post  Siretu Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:32 am

The corvette's reflective shield is fixed and the broadside will be nerfed a little next patch. I think I'll start out with that and then we'll see where to go from there.
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tempest Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:53 pm

i think thats an excellent fix and idea, the internal nullifier field could use that little boost in effectiveness people only ever use it to fix a large mistake in broadside aiming :p
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum