Cruiser Command
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ship Naming

4 posters

Go down

Ship Naming Empty Ship Naming

Post  DumbMarine Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:41 pm

At the start of the game, let someone from each team (person in first player slot? person with most rep?) name the BC for their team. If they do not name it, the name defaults to what it is now: "Battlecruiser".

DumbMarine

Back to top Go down

Ship Naming Empty Re: Ship Naming

Post  Siretu Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:46 am

This is something I'd like to implement but i dont know hoe visible it would be. Where do you see the name? When you hover over the battlecruiser? It takes some development time since I'd like to have the team vote on it to prevent bad names.
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

http://starcrafteditorial.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Racism Minerbane Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:48 pm

This would be awesome, allow top rep to name it and possibly new battlecruiser tint colors as extra +rep bonus?

I would so pilot a pink battlecruiser.

*Edit* Also allow bad names because if the top rep person wants to name his ship the S.S. Honkeydeath thats his right as captain. Perhaps even give from top rep to lowest rep titles at the start of their name for every time they talk. For example Captain, First Mate, all that fancy shit. It'll help noobs have an idea of who to listen to. *Edit*

It'll help encourage people to keep playing for awesome rep prizes. Please don't make pink battlecruiser 5000 rep.

Racism Minerbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Racism Minerbane Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:53 pm

This idea is so awesome I double posted on it. 10/10 please implement I'll kill anyone who disagrees in ritual single wraith combat.

Racism Minerbane

Back to top Go down

Post  DumbMarine Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:23 pm

I wasn't thinking it'd be very visible, just on hover-over and on kill messages. Perhaps have it announce at the beginning of a round "Ship X vs. Ship Y".

It would be something that I'd put at low priority for sure.

DumbMarine

Back to top Go down

Post  Red-Rocket Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:32 am

Lol as for bad names...i think our cruiser command fanbase can deal with it and act on it as a joke, we dont have little kids running around (i hope), that should be a reward to highest rep guy and he can do what he wants, although it should have the option to be voted down (unnanomously or 1 vote for it and rest against). ima name mine "the dickinator!" bad example but yes i can see where this can go, i think it will be a funny little side thing that most will just enjoy as a small charm
Red-Rocket
Red-Rocket

Back to top Go down

Post  Siretu Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:46 am

Okay, since you people seem to want this a lot, I'll implement this. It wont be in patch 1.3, but it should hopefully be in the next one.
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

http://starcrafteditorial.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down