Cruiser Command
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recent updates

2 posters

Go down

Recent updates Empty Recent updates

Post  Siretu Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:52 pm

I'm sorry if anyone thought I gave up on Cruiser Command. Of course, I did not! I've had a lot to do and a little lack of motivation, but it's all back and I've just released a patch on both servers, so check it out!

CC is also one of the up&coming maps on NA, so go play it!
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

http://starcrafteditorial.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Recent updates Empty Re: Recent updates

Post  TKF Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:07 am

Well its interesting to see CC on SC2, since I suppose its more fitting in SC2 than in WC3 environment.

I don't have SC2 at the moment because my weak computer can only handle WC3.

I've slightly returned to WC3 for updating it a bit, also added boarding in the WC3 version as well some variations in crew weaponry as well. I saw boarding and sabotage is also added in SC2. When I fix the remaining cam bugs it should be working properly.

I'm quite impressed that you implemented AI in SC2. AI would be too complex for me to add to computer players in wc3, since adding mining AI would be to difficult for me to add. I haven't played the SC2 version, but I heard from someone that its more fastpaced than the WC3 version.

I can send you an open version if you wanna look into something for developing the SC2 version, since there's a lot of hidden features you might have missed.

(Btw can the mapper only upload the map on 1 realm in SC2?)

TKF
TKF

Back to top Go down

Post  Siretu Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:58 pm

Sigh, I posted a long reply while on the train but I lost connection so I lost the post. Anyway...

I noticed you started updating the map again, which is nice to see. Boarding and sabotage isn't implemented yet in the SC2 version. It got delayed because I was waiting for the new terrain and there was always something which was more urgent. Such as fixing a bug or implementing some other feature. It's also a lot of work and a lot to change, as I'm sure you can understand.

As for the AI, I think it's worse than you know. Even though my dream would be to get it to make its own decisions and transition between different jobs, it's certainly not there yet. Right now the AI are similar to in your version. They replace a disconnected player and they can also be bought. However, they can change between their different jobs if you tell them to. There's a console where you can control all the drones to make them do one of the three available jobs: Mining, missile loading and refining. Mining is still pretty bugged since the systems involved are pretty complexed but the other stuff works fine most of the time.

I think my version is probably slightly more fast paced than yours. Especially after the latest patch where I changed some stuff with refining which resulted in a pretty big income boost for both teams.

You can only publish a map on the realm your account is on, but since I purchased an account on NA as well, I can publish on both EU and NA. However, this might change in HotS when Blizzard hopefully introduces cross-realm play.

EDIT: Yes, I would appreciate an open version of the WC3 version. I think it would be helpful.
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

http://starcrafteditorial.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TKF Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:17 am

I had a recent HD breakdown, and luckily I did pastebin the open version for you on hive, otherwise it would have been all lost for me and had to restart on 0.85d, but I can start on last version, but lost 1 week of intense progress.

If you have an account on hiveworkshop just logon. I sent you the link via priv msg.
TKF
TKF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum