Balancing defencive upgrades so that they are less under powered in late game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Balancing defencive upgrades so that they are less under powered in late game

Post  Red-Rocket on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:43 am

in old BC when BCs would fight the fight would last about 1 minut because the wepeons didnt have upgrades to increase damage, now im not saying that upgrades are a bad thing i just feel that the defensive upgrades need more of an effect as battles now are 10-20 seconds long, first, sheild dmg resistance should be by 10% and maby 5 upgrades each increasing in cost, now you might say...50%? thats overpowered, i dont think it will as weps do so much dps that it will ultimantly level out, this can be easily experemented on what works and doesnt work but sheilds take a pounding very fast late game, now early game you might say, 50%? nothing will happen, we cant get through, its overpowered, i say, well thats expensive to get it so early as upgrades increase in cost and thats incredibly awesome if you did! just my feeling on that. As for hull, the cost of it is outrageous to upgrade, 100s for just 300 hull? i know its meant to blow money late game but its money blown of useless stuff as weps go through those 300 upgrades like a knife through warm butter, i think the upgrades should be 500 instead of 300 and and the mins should be 50 for first 4 then 75 for next for then 100 for the rest... so we can get hull into account. If you have ben able to read for this long... gj! im proud of you! that my input on how to balance so fights are longer and more interesting and finalee...sort of thing.
Red-Rocket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Balancing defencive upgrades so that they are less under powered in late game

Post  Red-Rocket on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:54 pm

i have ben reading through the reviews and ive noticed that many people are complaining of working their way through 20-30 mins of gameplay and only have it end in a matter of seconds. We really need to implement more upgrades for it like maby a different cannon (Like a Yamato but load something different like old Beta BCs did) and maby cut weps for 5 seconds? idk but something does need to be done about dieing to quickly
Red-Rocket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Balancing defencive upgrades so that they are less under powered in late game

Post  Racism Minerbane on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:30 am

Deflector shield upgrade like on the Corvette so experienced players can feel out the other cruisers pilot and pop it to deflect rockets / yamato back at them. Corvettes have that technology so why not the cruiser?

Racism Minerbane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PotatoLoRD on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:07 pm

Maybe just add more levels onto each upgrade? Make weapons and shields upgrades go up to 10, with maybe a small increase in price. That would at least allow more specialization in the mid game to increase the variety of battle scenarios. Because the way it is now, everyone turtles up just to max out on upgrades. Not that that's bad, but that's usually the goal of every single game. Rushes are a thing of the past.

PotatoLoRD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Red-Rocket on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:50 pm

Heres an idea on how to deal with it. It is called an advanced research console. Basicly after most upgrades are upgraded you can go to either the consoles upgrades or to an actual console itself and activate it after a large amount of time (1 min. you can leave the console and it will still upgrade until complete) on that console could be everything (ship hull upgrades, corvette baragge, ect...) that basicly upgrades everything, to increase the distance to end game and it will have tier 2 weps that will come up with time (consider kinetics tier 1) it can include a 7 burst and 9 burst (or maby just upgrade the lazers dmg and cosmetic of it by making it...white) possibly have in the normal console allow the BC hull upgrade go 10 times (up to 15K health total) then completing, in the advanced console for a much higher price it will add 1K health.
This could probably be our awnser to more upgrades without being able to get like 2000 ship hull early on, that would be crazy but i see this as a future possiblity, not anytime soon
Red-Rocket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top