Cruiser Command
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smaller ship overhall

Go down

Smaller ship overhall Empty Smaller ship overhall

Post  Racism Minerbane Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:07 pm

As it stands right now, the starting corvette and wraith can rush a lot of teams and do terrible terrible damage. The Corvette is a nice tank but because it comes bare bones with the battle cruiser it has to remain too weak. My suggestion is to remove the starting corvette because.

People can still defend miners with the BC's lazers.

Reduces the double offensive ship rush's effectiveness

Allows for the Corvette to be buffed.

Now, as it stands right now a good wraith pilot is almost unkillable, he can dive miners near the bc and escape with his side thrusters. If he picks up a scanner shield and a energy shield he is practically unkillable unless he does something incredibly stupid or dies to another wraith. He can kill corvettes from range, he can chase miners with his side thrusters and he is uncatchable because he can fry your engine without even facing you.

My suggestion is to increase the speed at which the corvette moves, so that it can naturally catch wraiths then force people to purchase them if they want to counter wraith attacks. As it stands right now corvettes only counter wraiths if the wraith tries to ram them, which is stupid because the catagory corvette would make one assume its good for flying through space at decent speeds.

Finally I believe destroyers attack should be mouse-over is rather then out the front, this is the top tier battleship you get to make and this is the future, they should at least make the plasma cannon be able to fire in different directions considering how awkward it is to fire compared to its costs.

TL:DR version - remove starting corvette, buff the purchased corvette's speed to catch wraiths so they can't just camp out in space all game and rape you.

I appreciate any feedback, lets get a discussion going..

Racism Minerbane

Back to top Go down

Smaller ship overhall Empty Re: Smaller ship overhall

Post  Racism Minerbane Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:10 am

Bumping this post because the wraith + corvette rush from two people working together will catch 95% of stupid crews unaware and end the game first 3 minutes. A single competent player on the other team cannot stop both a corvette and a wraith from diving a single shot battlecruiser and killing miners. Unless the people playing together have about 10+ games under their belt, they won't stand a chance.

Racism Minerbane

Back to top Go down