Corvette,Chompy,Destroyer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Corvette,Chompy,Destroyer

Post  thomulf on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:04 am

Corvette-
Corvette's cost is too close to destroyer for what it gives in return. If you have no green, you need to spend on a corvette to protect from wraiths, knowing it will almost surely die in the first battle. Corvette should be faster(like 20% faster), or have an EMP ability like the wraith's for hunting wraiths down.
Chomper- I like the pull ability, but I think it should be able to eat enemy miners and take their resources. The reason for this is choppy is rarely used, if we changed his role to intercepting enemy miners as opposed to just mining more efficiently,he might see more use.
Destroyer- Too strong. In the end game with mass replicator, it's not hard for a 6 player team to field 4 destroyers every battle. 1 destroyer deals damage to the enemy BC faster than BC weapons do, never mind four. I think it shouldn't be killing BC as fast as it does and it should have a max limit of two, because otherwise you are going to see TONS of 4 destroyer on the field.

thomulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Corvette,Chompy,Destroyer

Post  DumbMarine on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Corvette - The point of the corvette is not to 'hunt wraiths down', that's the whole point of the wraith. This would otherwise make wraiths completely pointless. And the corvette's speed is traded off with its higher energy regeneration, better damage, and its shield. I agree the cost is a bit high, I think the cost of the wraith needs to be adjusted too.

Chomper - The chomper can already do this. It can eat everything (other chompers? lol) but destroyers and battlecruisers.

Destroyers - The entire point of the destroyer is to do damage to the enemy BC. If you can field 4 destroyers (with shields and whatnot) then you're -supposed- to be able to do terrible, terrible damage to the BC. It doesn't do more DPS than the BC's weapons though, remember that the destroyer's bombardment has a long cooldown. And despite how much damage 4 can do, the only time I see 4 (or more than 1) come out is when the game has gone on for far too long-- one team is way far behind and the other team is just toying around. In an actual even game, missiles and a yamato blast will make destroyers melt away instantly, and you can engine boost away to get time to reload the yamato for the next lucky victim.

All in all, I think its actually pretty balanced. If you have any replays illustrating your point better that might help.

DumbMarine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady-Natalya on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Destroyers are pretty good where they are IMO. Maybe reducing the Corvette cost by like 25 minerals but not changing its stats is a better plan?

Also, pro teams use chomper all the time.

Lady-Natalya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top