Cruiser Command
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Battle Cruiser a little to powerful?

5 posters

Go down

The Battle Cruiser a little to powerful? Empty The Battle Cruiser a little to powerful?

Post  Red-Rocket Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:39 pm

It seems like the BC takes down little ships a little to fast ever since the new burst lazer, people now just dook it out with BCs and the BCs die alarmingly fast! i say decrease damage from the wepeons lazers (1 round burst, 3 round burst, 5 round burst) so that we can get destroyers back into the game, also we could increase the health of the BC to make battles more drawn out but that is just a suggestion.
Red-Rocket
Red-Rocket

Back to top Go down

The Battle Cruiser a little to powerful? Empty Re: The Battle Cruiser a little to powerful?

Post  DumbMarine Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:13 am

Destroyers are nearly impossible to kill with the battlecruiser right now X_X (not that this is a bad thing). The only time I've seen a destroyer get blown up is when it decides to go rogue.

DumbMarine

Back to top Go down

The Battle Cruiser a little to powerful? Empty Re: The Battle Cruiser a little to powerful?

Post  Siretu Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:12 am

One other thing to consider when discussing this is that if I nerf the lasers, lategame might result in a stalemate where both ships can keep up their shields without energy loss while firing 5-bursts at the enemy.

Therefore, I'd prefer a solution that doesn't change the BCvBC battle a lot.
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

http://starcrafteditorial.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Red-Rocket Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:45 pm

BC V BC used to be awesome broadside attacks with quick turning and firing missles at the right moment now theres more ramming and to me that isnt as fun
Red-Rocket
Red-Rocket

Back to top Go down

Post  DumbMarine Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:52 pm

I don't know why people aren't using the broadsides, they were buffed semi-recently and are very awesome right now. In the game you and I were just in, the reason y'alls shields went down way faster than ours was because we were using the broadsides, despite you guys having an extra thousand shields and 2 racks of missiles (we had no missiles). It does twice as much damage as a 5 shot volley and it uses 1/15th the energy. It way outclasses ramming. Not sure what more can be done.

DumbMarine

Back to top Go down

Post  Red-Rocket Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:22 pm

it may be that nobody relizes how good it is yet, (i just did in that battle)....right, nothing we can do atm
Red-Rocket
Red-Rocket

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady-Natalya Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:46 pm

IMO, keep the BC laser powerful. If you were in an X-Wing and you got hit by a turbolaser on a Star Destroyer, you deserved to die. Same in this game. If you wraith, you better watch out for the heavy anti-ship guns on the BC or else you're going down. It makes sense for it to have massive power compared to the smaller ship's health.
Lady-Natalya
Lady-Natalya

Back to top Go down

Post  Siretu Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:02 am

What I would like to do is investigate other ways to nerf it while keeping it powerful. One way would be to decrease the projectile speed making it easier to dodge for smaller ships.
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

http://starcrafteditorial.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyAtlantis Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:05 am

1 Way to fix the BC's being too powerful is the ship to have different weapons like in Japanese Sci-fi anime(Spacebattleship Yamato, Super Robot Wars, and probably others)., you have weak, probably a bit more accurate fast-firing weapons, and you have 6(2xHuge(Main) Triple turrets).
So maybe you have a mode for powerful delayed medium fast Beams/powerful slow-medium Beams, and another for current type of lasers, but weaker since it's anti-fighter/missile and burst for anti-light/medium armored ships.

DestinyAtlantis

Back to top Go down

The Battle Cruiser a little to powerful? Empty projectiles lazers and more~!

Post  Red-Rocket Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:54 pm

ya that would be interesting to even watch a bunch of different lazers and missles being fired all over the place, interesting idea
Red-Rocket
Red-Rocket

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down