Cruiser Command
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cruiser Command future

2 posters

Go down

Cruiser Command future Empty Cruiser Command future

Post  tomik Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:34 am

Who is currently working on Cruiser Command?

tomik

Back to top Go down

Cruiser Command future Empty Re: Cruiser Command future

Post  Siretu Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:47 am

I am currently working on the project. There's also another guy working on terrain.

Updates have been slow lately. On Europe, the community is steady while on NA, it's dead due to lagg. I am starting to believe the lagg might not be blizzard's fault, so I'll have to investigate that when I have time.

The reason updates have been slow on Europe is because I'm not sure what to do. Most serious bugs seems fixed and I don't really know what features to add to make the game more fun. I really want to continue update it, but if I don't have ideas for stuff to do, it's hard to keep motivation up.
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

http://starcrafteditorial.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tomik Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:21 pm

ok, where can I download current SC2 cruiser command map? I have a lot of ideas, but I must see your current map. I was playing the latest 0.85d for Warcraft 3.

I was thinking about creating a game based on cruiser command in 3D (not map). It would be more FPS and action game then strategy. Like you should aboard enemy cruiser and fight for it. Special weapons, personal shields etc. I wanted to add planet too or different cruisers.

tomik

Back to top Go down

Post  Siretu Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 pm

I'm afraid you're going to run into problems with that. Not only is a 3d space fps game very hard to make in the editor(if you don't have a lot of experience with the editor, it'll be close to impossible) but the SC2 engine isn't made to handle that. The performance will probably be too bad. You'll also probably run out of space if you want to add different cruisers and planets. Cruiser command only has one cruiser type and we cant fit more because we're out of space.

In Starcraft 2, you don't download maps manually. You'll have to find it on battle.net and play it.
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tomik Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:07 pm

No, I don't mean in editor, not with SC2 engine. I'm talking about creating own game.

tomik

Back to top Go down

Post  Siretu Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:10 pm

Ah, that sounds interesting. I hope you have the programming skills required to pull it off Smile
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tomik Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:11 pm

I have already started working on it. But I don't have any models, textures and sounds. Just creating basic engine for this game.

tomik

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down