Directional sheilding

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Directional sheilding

Post  Rarkon on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:07 pm

Hey, I was wondering if you could implement directional sheilding. Instead of the BC having just one sheilding value, it would have one for front, one for left side, right side, and back. The weapons or power station could reinforce each shielding separately. Once one shelid is down, damage towards that side of the ship will result in hull damage. This might make for dynamic fights, especially before each side has missles.

Rarkon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Directional sheilding

Post  Siretu on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:01 pm

With the new 1.5 patch, you can create custom bars(like health, energy and mana). This means I could create 3 new ones. One for each new shield direction. It would be a lot of work, but I think I could get it to work.

I like the concept although I think the way you suggest it might be a little complex and hard to implement. Maybe if you had a way to enable the directional shielding which allows you to set an angle at which it will protect more and then you take 20-30% less damage in a small arc around that angle while taking 50% more damage from all other angles. In other words, you use the power differently so it's not equally strong in all places.

Siretu
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://starcrafteditorial.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top