Maximum sheild capacity.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Maximum sheild capacity.

Post  Red-Rocket on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Their are 2 reasons why im suggesting the purpose for it. Maximum sheild capactity will be a limit on how high you can set the sheild (like 250 would be the cap. and would allow sheilds to go up to 5000 before you are unable to increase the power to sheilds) My suggestion is to limit it to 100 (2000 Sheilds) and upgrade it...ill call it 'upgrade sheild capacitors' for 25 Yellow, 125 blue and 15 green. but subject to change if anyone wants
and it will increase by 50 every time it is upgraded
such as 1 upgrade will be 150 (3000)
200 (4000)
and so on.
here is why i suggest it.
1. When you get rushed, you have no chance to fight back because you will not be able to completely take out their sheilds and do real damage to them before they destroy you, (im calculating what many good players do, they rush with broads and penta usally and have sheilds at 8k-10k) this will allow you to have a fighting chance if rushed and not rely on boost which is hard to get and you end up destroyed when rushed, dont get me wrong, suprising an enemy BC is very good and will increase your chances of winning but these winning chances are almost 100% unlesss they have boost and then you have 8000 sheilds draining your energy while chasing the enemy BC. down.
2. Rushing early also hurts because enemy sheilds are 200-400 and have no way of getting through your 8-10k sheilds (or even 2000) with their single or maby triple burst and if they do have sheilds up it could easily become a very slow slug out where weps will drain and you both come in an impasse and it slows down the pace of the game. It should begine with with 2000 sheilds max and increase later on with the pace of the game and more powerful weopens

That done with i just feal who ever has a power guy and has most sheilds + great sheild boost timing will win evenly matched BCs, dont get me wrong i love longer battles but 1 aspect determining the outcome of the battle is not a good thing. (remember the yamato stacking before we got a Build time for it? ya whoever had more mostly won.)
Feel free to discuss, maby first set should be at 4000 sheilds instead of 2000? will decide

Red-Rocket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maximum sheild capacity.

Post  DumbMarine on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:52 pm

This idea would cripple good power managers.

If someone has their shields jacked up to 8000 all you have to do is run away and they'll burn all their energy off. The real reason rushes work is because the broadsides outclass all other weapons, if you have broadsides and your enemies don't you will always win every combat 100% of the time.

If the enemy attacks you and your shields are at 10 GW and your engine is off you have only yourself to blame, the BC has a free radar ping that will tell you the location of the enemy BC every ~30 seconds. The real question should be "why didn't you turn the shields and engines on?".

If you're worried about massive shields, destroyers can be upgraded to ignore them.

DumbMarine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Red-Rocket on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:45 pm

have you played CC recently because now the braods are pretty weak

Red-Rocket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DumbMarine on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:56 pm

The day after the latest patch I played in a game where our shields got taken down with broads + kinetics + yamato when they were at 600 GW/12000 shields. This was without the upgraded missiles which I haven't had the chance to use yet. I do regularly kill ships with broadsides alone (sometimes the weapon officer gets lost on the ship).

It's possible that the broadsides are bugging out though and they're not working right/doing damage in certain cases. Can you grab a replay of this in action? If there's a problem lets see it fixed.

DumbMarine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Racism Minerbane on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:44 am

If they want to load all their energy into the shields then just fly away. It is almost impossible to force a fight that the other team can't just load up their engines and fly away from. You can delay a fight almost forever, develop a new strategy and you'll have better luck.

Racism Minerbane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Red-Rocket on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:30 pm

probably needs a missle or cannon that is like a big wraith emp projectile that can stop a BC for 1 second for missles or 5 seconds for a cannon to make chases more interesting and see if your attackers are really well prepared

Red-Rocket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Racism Minerbane on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:08 am

In current game you can just fly away tho, so you can prolong a game almost forever.

Racism Minerbane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Red-Rocket on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:05 pm

If you have boost and you usally dont have much engine power when they take you down to make a real escape and charge it up before they do alot of damage

Red-Rocket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Racism Minerbane on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:42 am

A boosted battlecruiser has terrible turning. Just juke him around an asteroid and he wasted all his energy.

Racism Minerbane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Red-Rocket on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Bah~! alright alright nevermind on that idea

Red-Rocket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:42 am

Sponsored content