Cruiser Command
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miscellaneous suggestions

+7
Red-Rocket
Jannik2099
DumbMarine
Lady-Natalya
ConfuseRay
DestinyAtlantis
Siretu
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Miscellaneous suggestions Empty Miscellaneous suggestions

Post  Siretu Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:15 pm

Some of you might have small suggestions for things that are probably very easy to implement but are such a small change that they don't need a new thread. This is the thread to post all those suggestions.

If you have a small suggestion, no matter how petty, post it here.

I'll start:
I think the battlecruiser should have(possibly needing an upgrade) an automatic turret(that fires in space). So even if there is no captain that can fight back, there will still be something firing at enemies. This turret will fire slow-moving projectiles that are rather easy to dodge.

I think this is a good addition since it'll keep the wraith fighters on their toes and give them more to do.
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

http://starcrafteditorial.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous suggestions Empty Re: Miscellaneous suggestions

Post  DestinyAtlantis Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:48 am

Maybe an upgradable, faster firing/projectile speed/more damage/etc. Maybe even a whole separate sub-menu for ugprades.

Edit: An easy access menu for AI control(building/loading missiles, transfering energy(with current energy settings shown))?

DestinyAtlantis

Back to top Go down

Post  ConfuseRay Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:26 pm

Hull upgrades for the ship? late-game 5000 hitpoints becomes like butter; would be good to have some sort of way to reinforce the bc's hull.

yes, i know shield hardening exists, but it's not the same...

then again, maybe hull is not meant to take fire; shields should take all the blows. makes it more strategic, in that raising shields before battle is a must.

in that case, please increase the energy cost of shields, and maybe buff the effect of hardening?

ConfuseRay

Back to top Go down

Post  Siretu Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:49 am

Hull is not really meant to take damage in my current vision. Keeping the shields online is one of the bigger challenges of the power engineer.

I think hardened shields are pretty good right now. If battle is imminent, I like to get at least one level of it instead of refining or other upgrades just so I get access to the shield boost ability. I will open a new balance discussion forum though
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous suggestions Empty New Ship: Marine Assault Transport

Post  MOJOJONO Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:15 pm

Hi, great game.

Develop a new ship: Marine Assault Transport.

Each loaded with a few computer controlled marines and 1 spot for a human player to pilot and board an enemy BC (or... possibly even the mid-heavy class ships like corvette, destroyer, chomper). What you could then do is add some computer marines in ships to repel enemy boarders. For BC, they can harass or kill crew to prevent access to certain sections of the ship. Against the corvette, destroyer, chomper possibly capture or destroy it.

Regards,

MOJO

MOJOJONO

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous suggestions Empty Team vote kick, Console Indicators, Weapons console and Weapons update

Post  MOJOJONO Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:40 pm

Hi,

1) Team Vote Kick - so people can boot out the trolls who stick around to keep draining energy from critical systems.

2) Console Indicators - for power management, an indicator of how much power is currently diverted to each critical system. ie. 0 power for weapons, 10 for engines, 90 for shields, etc.

3) Weapons Console and Weapons Update
It is pretty bland screen for weapons, maybe move the missile dashboard to a right side vertical panel? More information about current laser damage.

To spice it up a bit, maybe give the gunner the option:
a) semi or burst fire?
b) Different basic weapon to switch between.

I've never seen the tractor beam in action, but maybe link it to weapons console?

Playing into my suggestion for a Marine Assault Transport (https://sc2cc.forumotion.com/t10-miscellaneous-suggestions#112), also control over a basic internal security system ie hallway autoturrets. That way, the weapons operator will have to divide time between internal and external threats.

Regards,

MOJO

MOJOJONO

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyAtlantis Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:54 am

About 3, it is being/going to be worked on, there will be different kinds of weapons.
2, Yeah, a drop-down tab in the upper right part of the screen (WC3 style), with different information, or multiple drop-down tabs for different things, like weapons, missiles, damage control, energy core, and 1 with overall status of core(%),shield hp, hull hp, number of loaded missiles, maybe small squares that indicate where the ship is damaged(like in WC3), that would be great.

DestinyAtlantis

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous suggestions Empty Tutorial in description

Post  Pyrowolf Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:17 pm

I suggest adding something in your description recommending that new players play the tutorial. I joined an actual version of the game as a completely new player and had to have much of the game mechanics explained to me because I didn't realize that there was a tutorial. If players see something about a tutorial when they read the description, maybe they will be more likely to do the tutorial first!

Pyrowolf

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyAtlantis Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:10 pm

Very Happy, That is why people should read item descriptions, patch notes, skill/spell descriptions, random tips(in-game messages spawning every now and then), and what not. Unfortunetly, i doubt even 1/10 of the people read things like that.(as seen in warcraft, maybe in SC2 too??, upgrading to anti-air when the enemy has only ground units).

DestinyAtlantis

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous suggestions Empty Providing weapons for Nav

Post  Nate Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:37 pm

We need to give broadsides back to Nav! We need some kind of weapon to use other than the yamato cannon, because usually it is late game when nav gets to use it, if at all during the game... I think that Nav should start out with a weaker weapon like forward turrets or something. Something Nav could use while driving that can be accessed early game. That's just my thoughts on the matter. Keep up the great work! =]

Nate

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady-Natalya Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Super lag problem makes game basically unplayable. Not sure what causes it, but it happens even when you do it with like only 2 people.
Lady-Natalya
Lady-Natalya

Back to top Go down

Post  Siretu Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:39 am

In the future, post a new thread in the bug forum. Don't just reply to a random thread in the wrong forum. Keeping things organized(especially with the bugs) makes it much easier for me to keep track of it.

I need as much information about the lag as you can tell me. Does it happen EVERY game? Is the lag the same throughout the game or does it get worse as the game goes on? What's your fps when you're lagging?(ctrl+alt+f to check) Did it happen last patch as well or did it start happening recently?

EDIT: This is not my fault. All custom games on battle.net seem to have the same issue. Check out the comments in this thread: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/6830760/Patch_152_Now_Live-8_21_2012

This means that there's nothing I can do right now. I'm sorry.
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous suggestions Empty Size about ships and cruisers

Post  Lobster Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:41 pm

I just want to talk about the size of the units in this game, I found out it is weird because the cruiser is pretty small but it can contain such a huge amount of things.

So, I wish you to increase the scale of the cruiser to make it looks bigger and also you can make the normal ships smaller, I wonder how to destroyer dock when it is almost
as big as cruiser

Lobster

Back to top Go down

Post  Siretu Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:03 am

I agree, but making stuff super realistic wont be good. I think the BC would be a LOT larger than the miner in real life for example. Normal SC2 has the same problem and just scales the units to a decent size.

I might make the BC's slightly larger, but I wont change the size a lot.
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DumbMarine Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:24 pm

Save the music settings in the bank. I personally like the music, but I think a lot of people would appreciate not having to type -music every game.

DumbMarine

Back to top Go down

Post  Siretu Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:45 pm

I totally agree. I'm personally getting tired of it as well. I will implement this soon.
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady-Natalya Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:49 pm

While you're working on that, maybe enable default SC2 music if you turned the CC music off?
Lady-Natalya
Lady-Natalya

Back to top Go down

Post  DumbMarine Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:40 pm

Reduce/remove the cooldown on the power buttons. You can set the reactor from 0 to 200% pretty fast, but setting engines from 0 to 200 takes like a minute and it takes much longer if you need to mess with other power settings at the same time. If the delay is in the game for balance reasons, something needs to at least be done to make it easier UI-wise. I've had newbies on power get frustrated, and I don't blame them.

DumbMarine

Back to top Go down

Post  Siretu Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:05 pm

I reduced the cooldown of all the abilities and it made stuff a lot better in my opinion. It'll be in the next patch.
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous suggestions Empty Better Missile Control

Post  Jannik2099 Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:00 pm

I want to make launching missiles easier
The weapons-console should have the following buttons:
Fire all missiles
Fire all Piranha Light missiles
Fire all ... missiles

Jannik2099

Back to top Go down

Post  DumbMarine Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:18 pm

I'm not strictly opposed to 'launch all missiles' buttons but it's already really, really easy to launch all the missiles. The only thing I can think of to make it easier is to add hotkeys for them, if they're not already. I would strongly oppose cluttering up the command card with buttons like that.

DumbMarine

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous suggestions Empty Patrols

Post  Red-Rocket Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:58 pm

In the case of boarding parties ever being implemented i suggest 2 things
1. patrols, allow small groups of ai controlled troops of marines (maby add marauders, ghosts, ect... as an upgrade) that will constantly patrol the ship in small groups and will slowly be restored to streanght if the group gets wiped out after 3 minuts

2. Boarding help. Maby have as well in the construction of ship or whatever we come up for boarding we can have the ability to add extra marines (and speciel units) that will follow you when you board.
Red-Rocket
Red-Rocket

Back to top Go down

Post  DumbMarine Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:51 pm

Stick a cooldown on the hull repair equal to how long hull repair lasts--- so that newbies (EDIT: apparently more than just newbies do it) don't accidentally spam it pointlessly.

DumbMarine

Back to top Go down

Post  DumbMarine Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:13 pm

I just had a game where literally everyone on my team got stuck on a console. Someone even had a broken keyboard, so "press escape" wasn't working and it took 10 minutes to get them off.

Can we make it so that if you give a move order to your marine, it disconnects you from the console?

DumbMarine

Back to top Go down

Post  Siretu Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:11 am

About the hull repair, it's set up like that on purpose so you can get a faster repair rate if you spam it, but it's less resource efficient. However, that said, it might not be a good mechanic and maybe it should be changed.

About the console problems, please upload a replay for me to watch, it would be incredibly helpful. I will work on adding a manual unstuck.
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DumbMarine Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:35 pm

I can upload a replay but I think this is a different problem than what you're thinking. Basically, it goes like this:

Newbie starts. Newbie sees a bunch of consoles. Newbie jumps on one (upgrades or whatever). Nothing on this console makes sense, newbie decides to leave it alone. Newbie selects marine and tries to move it off console. Marine doesn't move. "I'm stuck". There's no obvious 'what do I do next' for newbies at this point. It's not hard to tell them "press disconnect on the console" but if it can be made easier than that then it would help greatly.

DumbMarine

Back to top Go down

Post  Siretu Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:43 pm

Ah, I see. That is a different problem indeed. I'll have to think about it. It will require some work but I think it could be worth it in the end. Problem right now is that I dont think I can notice when someone tries to move a unit they dont own.
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Racism Minerbane Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:26 am

Button appears on screen rather then ability while set to view inside ship that says *Leave console*

Racism Minerbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Siretu Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:53 pm

Can you elaborate?
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Racism Minerbane Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:59 pm

The little green buttons that come up as part of cusom interface, IE - the vote kick button. You'd just place that sucker front center screen so that when you switch views between cruiser and console, in space you won't see it but when you go into the ship it'll appear and it will be easy to leave the console even for noobies. I don't know what map makers call them but they are in all kinds of maps

Racism Minerbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinthian Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:43 pm

Place the "leave console" button in the bottom right for all consoles.

The Science Console would benefit from the unlock camera ability.

On the Upgrades Console, under the BC upgrades, next to the Weapon Tier Research, the Science Console could have its own upgrade area.
Corinthian
Corinthian

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous suggestions Empty Reputation tweeks and small ship suggestion.

Post  Tempest Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:37 pm

I've looked around a bit and i know somebody has probably suggested this in the past but i personally would like to see an adjustment made to reputation gain and loss per player if possible.

In example : Victory = 2 reputation. Loss and finishing the game = 1 reputation. Vote kick = -1 reputation. Blowing up the core = -1 reputation (other players are not at fault for the doing of one player but they could have noticed and vote kicked him, it does take a moment.) With the unlock-able skins being so high in rep the 2 rep per victory wouldn't really have a dramatic effect in progress, but it would give the winning team a larger reward than the losing one, which in my mind is fair and awesome. rep will no longer convey how many games a player has played, which may seem problematic; however it will symbolize how talented the player is by partaking in a victorious team frequently. this way the best players gain rep faster than the already established senior players and have a shot at catching up if themselves and their team manages a win over the more senior team. I also think skins should offer a different shooting style in combat, so when boarding becomes an option a senior man would have not necessarily an advantage in combat but rather a different range, splash, specialty, something so that reputation does more than change appearance.

I also love the chomper buffs, perfectly balanced and well done.

I would like to see a new small ship with scouting ability. a cloak from vision at the cost of energy with good movement speed and low hull, specifically for monitoring the enemy teams power output and operations. This ship should would be able to be pinged, but in my opinion should not have any combat potential outside of ramming with its small amount of hull. if the enemy deploys a chomper this would let the scouting team know what strategy the team is focusing, and what flaws they have in execution. Its very easy to manipulate the battlefield with decoys and ship formations that confuse any experienced player on radar, this new ship would allow a counter to such strategies with the ability to see them instead of ping them with less chance of being sighted and destroyed. I'm not sure if this ship should be able to have an inventory for shielding and the anti radar device simply because it may be extremely difficult to locate and kill, but should be easily visible when in motion just like a ghost would be in melee matches.
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Red-Rocket Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:54 pm

Isnt blowing up a core -25 rep? i remember i was in the hole for blowing up the core once lol when a new update wiped my reputation (before patch 1.0) I do agree with the +2 reputation for winning, but it could lead to people making stuff like 5v1s for that extra easy reputation just because of winning
Red-Rocket
Red-Rocket

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinthian Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:52 pm

I agree with Tempest. (mostly)

Victory = 2 reputation
Loss and finishing the game = 1 reputation
Initiating a Vote kick = -1 reputation
Being Vote Kicked = 0 reputation
Blowing up the core = -20 reputation
Corinthian
Corinthian

Back to top Go down

Post  Tempest Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Corinthian wrote:I agree with Tempest. (mostly)

Victory = 2 reputation
Loss and finishing the game = 1 reputation
Initiating a Vote kick = -1 reputation
Being Vote Kicked = 0 reputation
Blowing up the core = -20 reputation

you get -1 rep for trying to vote kick a player? O.o
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Siretu Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:51 pm

The punishment for blowing up the core is rather harsh because of how it's implemented. From what I recall, it's X rep for each time you increase core or something.

I'll think about changing the win/loss rep ratios, but as Red-rocket pointed out, what about 5v1s just for rep?
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinthian Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:54 am

I doubt people will stack teams for the purpose of reputation gain, but I could be wrong. Anyway, when 5v1's occur it is often the single player that is victorious. An expert can win against a team with a median rep ~20.
Corinthian
Corinthian

Back to top Go down

Post  Tempest Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:39 am

people may do it, but if they are willing to sink 10 minutes into a game just to gain 2 reputation that's their call. if they do it they gain rep, but they dont get exclusive ships or new weapon buffs for having rep anyways :p its more a guideline of experience, i just want it to turn into more of a guideline of victorious experience, so that the winner gets more than the loser.

What do you guys think of the scouting small ship? or is it impossible to add more ships, im uninformed on that front.
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinthian Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:01 am

I would enjoy the ability to remove or salvage a ship from the docking bays. This does not necessarily have to provide a fraction of ship cost resources, but it would be nice if it did. I mainly ask because currently teams have to suicide their ships when they decide to change their small ship combination. This takes a lot of time, and results in "deaths" that are not errors.

In my opinion the Power Transfer cooldown should be between 20 and 30 seconds. Also the Kerm costs on the upgrades could be drastically reduced.
Corinthian
Corinthian

Back to top Go down

Post  Siretu Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:55 am

Tempest wrote:people may do it, but if they are willing to sink 10 minutes into a game just to gain 2 reputation that's their call. if they do it they gain rep, but they dont get exclusive ships or new weapon buffs for having rep anyways :p its more a guideline of experience, i just want it to turn into more of a guideline of victorious experience, so that the winner gets more than the loser.

What do you guys think of the scouting small ship? or is it impossible to add more ships, im uninformed on that front.
I agree on the reputation part.

It's possible to add more ships. I'll consider adding a scouting ship. However, I'm hesitant since I already have a sensor console planned which has kind of a similar role.

Corinthian wrote:I would enjoy the ability to remove or salvage a ship from the docking bays. This does not necessarily have to provide a fraction of ship cost resources, but it would be nice if it did. I mainly ask because currently teams have to suicide their ships when they decide to change their small ship combination. This takes a lot of time, and results in "deaths" that are not errors.

In my opinion the Power Transfer cooldown should be between 20 and 30 seconds. Also the Kerm costs on the upgrades could be drastically reduced.

I agree on the salvaging, however it's something that I have to consider carefully since it can be abused.

I feel like the power transfer cooldown is okay, although if more people agree with you I'm willing to change it. As for the upgrades' kermiculite cost, I'd like to wait for a while until people have played with working kermiculite fields.
Siretu
Siretu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tempest Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:08 pm

hmm. decreasing the cooldown would give you more the flexibility early game when you need it most to not only power up the wraith but also the nearby miners. its late game when the transfer loses its greatness due to possible small ship energy core upgrades. I am for the change simply because an early wraith rush hogs all the attention and those miners could use the boost themselves. Its not free energy, so i see it as a good move to change.
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Red-Rocket Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:49 pm

Ok with the 5v1s now that i think about it, it takes 10 minutes to actually win, (ramming and 1 burst it still takes a long while) and is quite boring to do that sort of farm for such a small bonus of what? cosmetics? ya lets have the 2 reputation/win implemented. I think it wont really be abused like i earlier thought
Red-Rocket
Red-Rocket

Back to top Go down

Post  Racism Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:37 am

Scouter ship should be a hi speed suicide ship. Your a clone you have no purpose anyways.

Racism

Back to top Go down

Post  Caladbolg Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:43 pm

I dont agree with the 2 rep/win

a lot of people Ive seen have much more Rep than skills, im pretty sure they farmed that rep on single player.
Caladbolg
Caladbolg

Back to top Go down

Post  Tempest Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:19 pm

i dont agree that people have farmed rep on single player, i have seen these high rep players and have played enough to watch them grow alongside my rep within the games ive been playing. there should be a reward for being victorious over your opponents, that reward should be extra reputation.
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Caladbolg Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:21 pm

Tempest wrote:i dont agree that people have farmed rep on single player, i have seen these high rep players and have played enough to watch them grow alongside my rep within the games ive been playing. there should be a reward for being victorious over your opponents, that reward should be extra reputation.

I think the win/loss ratio is already reward enough.
Caladbolg
Caladbolg

Back to top Go down

Post  Tempest Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:29 pm

its recognition, i mean you should gain something other than a number, and rep is the only thing that can unlock new and harder to get skins which is the only way to differentiate yourself from other players. a win should be more than a loss, not the same :p regardless of staying till the end, which still gives 1 rep.
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Caladbolg Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:32 pm

then lets make a system as such

if you win you get 2 rep
if you lose you get 1 rep
if you get votekicked you get -3 rep

and there should be someway to check that there is at least 2 human player in game for the rep system to work...

Caladbolg
Caladbolg

Back to top Go down

Post  Tempest Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:45 pm

look at it logically, not many people would bother doing such stupid things as to invest 10-15 minutes into killing the enemy cruiser just to gain 1 more rep than a normal game. even if they did what do they gain? they dont gain any exclusive items or ships or weapons they gain a cosmetic skin change for their player. this suggestion isnt for rep gain, or recognition, its for the winner getting more than the loser, just like in every other competition :p the way i see it win or lose the game always ends in a tie right now as far as what you gain xD
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Tempest Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:46 pm

and trust me if a 700 rep player ever joins my game and he sucks, id balance it accordingly lol
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next